Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day from South Korea!!! Let's see... I don't remember what I wrote in my last blog. I guess I should have checked that out before I started writing.... Oh well :) Well a lot has been going on in the past month..... My boss went from kind of crazy to a full on PSYCHO!!!!! Seriously! I've managed to just ignore her and I have been getting along fine..... Although my mom said she mailed a package to me for St. Patty's day and I still haven't received it.....Hmmm.... I'm conviced that she has confiscated my mail. God knows and will take care of it for me :)

I went to the DMZ this past weekend and it was crazy! There was a lot of tension, but I felt happy and free at the same time. The men were on alert and we were not supposed to make any hand gestures or else they could possibly attack. I had to fight the urge not to wave at the guy standing in front of the North Korean building. It's crazy how the world is! I'm so glad that I am from America! I'm very very very thankful for everyone who has fought to make our country free. Back to North Korea. I'll post my pics on facebook for everyone to see. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted because of all the strict rules so please don't be disappointed! There was a briefing before we went on our tour and they showed some very brutal pictures. There was one where 3 American men were being axed down by the North Korean men. Such a tragedy..... There was also a picture of the two flags in the same shot where you could tell that North Korea's flag was taller. South Korea years ago built their flag to be taller and it stood at 100 km.... North Korea turned around and built theirs even taller to stand at 160 km. Damn communist!

I'm going to On the Border for dinner with co-workers tonight and then to DUBLIN.... an Irish bar in Gangnam. I'm excited and wearing my green to prove it! I hope you all have a fantastic St. Patrick's Day!

I love and miss you all! Cheers! Combaeo in Korean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment